Sunday, September 13, 2009

Trying to lose that extra weight?

Do you need to lose weight for an upcoming event? Want to look good this summer? If your answer is a yes, well, we are on the same boat. I have been trying to lose those extra pounds for almost a year now, but nothing seems to work for me. I guess it’s because all I’ve been doing are crash diets and inconsistent exercise routines.

I have been reading a lot on weight loss, and I’d like to share the information I found about this concern:

  1. Losing more than 2 pounds per week is unhealthy. Always go for a steady weight loss program. Don’t even think of going on a crash diet! It may get you to your target weight faster than usual, but you might end up bouncing back to your previous weight – or even more.
  2. Eat healthy! It has been said over and over by a lot of health experts. I neglected this fact before, but I came to a realization that I will not reach my target weight if I do not eat healthy at all. I am not a fan of vegetables, but I do try to take in as much as I could. I also eat a lot of fruits nowadays, plus I drink loads of water and 1-2 cups of green tea per day. [Click Here for tips on detoxifying with Green Tea.]
  3. Exercise is key to losing weight. Yes, I know we all hate that word – but there’s no other way to lose weight healthily but to exercise regularly. You do not need to be a gym rat, though. I read that all you need is around 30 minutes of cardio a day and strength training every other day.
  4. Keep a positive mindset. If you keep thinking that losing weight is hard, you will end up bumming around. Keep yourself motivated by making it known to yourself that staying healthy is beneficial to you. Like what The Secret said, “Thoughts become things.” You have no idea how powerful the mind is when it comes to motivation.

That’s about it. There really is nothing complicated about losing weight. You do not need to keep track of everything you eat, you do not need to count calories, you do not even have to calculate how much you burn when you exercise. Just go back to the basics: eat what is good for your body and stay active.

With that in mind, I do hope we all reach our goals – yes, including me. Don’t rush it, though.

PS

Feel free to comment on this post for more suggestions.

[Via http://coffeewithkim.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment