Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hey, kids.

It’s been an interesting few weeks in the FatGirlEats world. Unfortunately, I haven’t been sharing that with you.

But I’m coming back.

And with a few changes.

Why?

One thing that happened while I was away: I fell. In Minute Maid Park in Houston, TX. When I got back home, my leg was swollen to about 1.5x its normal size. I went to the ER, and they admitted me under suspicion that I had a DVT (deep vein thrombosis), or, in other words, a blood clot.

Contributing factors for DVTs:

  • obesity (check)
  • high blood pressure (check)
  • sedentary lifestyle (check)
  • hormonal birth control (check)

Fortunately, I’m okay. I spent less than 24 hours in the hospital, and I was released with no sign of a blood clot.

But I’ve realized that some things about my lifestyle must change. Those things will obviously have an impact on the way I eat, and therefore the way I blog.

Do I still like being a FatGirl? Sure. And I can still be one. I just need to work on getting some health things under control.

So… I’m back tomorrow with a new focus on healthy eating and (perhaps, as much as I hate it) exercise.

(Not that I can really exercise much right now, anyway. My leg is still swollen, bruised, and painful. But I need to at least give it some thought.)

Okay, kids. You enjoy the rest of your weekend, and I’ll see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment