Thursday, September 17, 2009

How To Have The Greatest Birthday Ever!

It really, really amazes be that when I ask this question the answers I that I get back.  The question is:

“What are you doing for your birthday?”

The usual answers I get are as follows:

  • “Nothing”
  • “I don’t celebrate my birthday”
  • “My birthday?”
  • “Oh, I hadn’t really thought about it”
  • “I dunno”

But  why are we like that?  Why do we discount the most important day of our lives.  If it was not for that day we would not be here! We should celebrate that day. So why do we feel so ho hum about our birthday, when we can and do get excited about other peoples birthday? (You are probably thinking what does this have to do with motivation or low carb? It has everything to do with both!)  Is it because:

  1. We do not have anyone to celebrate our birthday with?
  2. People don’t remember our birthdays so whats the use?
  3. It reminds us that we are getting older so we “forget” or “don’t” celebrate our birthdays? Meaning birthdays are not a happy time for us?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment