Saturday, August 15, 2009

October 1 Goal/Challenge

I weighed in at 137 on Thursday. Unacceptable. My bingeing and altogether carelessness has caused me to gain almost 4-5 pounds recently. I have to do something about it. My goal is to weigh 134 on October 1, 7 weeks from my last weigh-in this past Thursday.

A three pound goal may not seem like much, but cutting calories while training for a marathon is nearly impossible. My plan is to cut about 1500 calories per week for the next 7 weeks. 3 pounds is 10,500 calories, which is 1500 per week. That’s only about 200 calories per day, which should be small enough for me not to feel it too much. Some days, I will eat more, some less, based on my training that day.

I bought a new planner today so that I can keep track of this easier. I am going to note my calories consumed, calories burned, miles ran, carbohydrates consumed (as best I can), and minutes practicing playing guitar.  I want to eat at least 300 calories per day. I’ve been reading Nancy Clark’s nutrition book in which she suggests that endurance athletes eat 3-5 carbs per pound. That would be 400 carbs per day for me. 1600 calories in just carbs. That is a ton. I’ve been eating about 300 the past week, and I feel much better. I am going to stick to 300, and after Oct. 1, hopefully I can add more.

And the guitar? Yes, I want to become a better player, and I have been slacking big time on practicing. That’s not surprising since it is summer, and I like to be outside as much as possible. Plus, it is important to focus on something other than weight and running and calories. I am getting to obsessive, and this project will only make me more so, in all reality. Having a non-food/weight goal is an important aspect of this project.

I will also report here on a daily basis. Hopefully this can help me focus.

Calories Burned: 1800 + 700 = 2500

Calories Consumed: 1779

Difference: -721

Calories Week to date: -838

Miles Run: 7, 1:20:19

Carbs: 305

Guitar: none so far.

[Via http://lifeafterlosing.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment