Saturday, August 8, 2009

40 pounds

What is 40 pounds?

It is the weight of 8 5lb bags of sugar.

It is the weight of a medium sized dog.

Whatever it is, it is what I’m not!  I have finally reached 40 pounds lost and it feels awesome!  I think I nearly talked the ears off my CH this morning who lamented about his size.  (This before he passed out on the bed snoring because he works 3rd shift and decided to come home and do some yard work.)  I’m so ecstatic that I’m not going to let his guilt trip bring me down.

I remember when my friend and I were talking once about going to the doctor.  We both cringed at the thought of stepping on those scales and hearing the lecture from our doctors about our weight.

Get a clue!  No one needs to tell us we’re fat.  We know we are.  We don’t need that scale reminding us of what we already know and see.  If the scales do not tell us, surely the mirror and our clothes will reveal it to us.  That is a FACT!

Shedding 40 pounds feels like taking a layer off.  It reveals just more of what I already knew was in there:  ME!

[Via http://mlouisebishop.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment