Thursday, August 27, 2009

Glamour posts a picture of a size 12 woman!

Shock horror!

Now, this woman is gorgeous and for some reason a lot of people that have been commenting on the glamour site can’t see it. Firstly, this woman is thinner than the average American on Brit (Average is a size 16 I think…). However people are saying that it is putting across the wrong message to readers saying that promoting this type of body with make flabby people think they can be flabby. Well, in my case I don’t count that as flabby, I don’t believe she has a tummy when she stands. God, even some skinny models I’ve photographed have belly fat when they sit in a similar way.

Being stick thin with a completely flat stomach may be classed as healthy but those girls don’t work out, more often than not they are skinny because of genetics or a serious lack of food. I would never be able to get down to a size 6 it’s not in my blood to be that thin. Skinny models may be less at risk of heart disease but more at risk or things like malnutrition, obviously depending on how they eat. ( A GRAPE AND SIX CUPS OF COFFEE A DAY IS NOT ENOUGH.)

Skinny models could probably run up a flight of stairs and be more out of breath than a size twelve woman who maintains her weight by working out and eating normally. Healthy does not mean thin.

I am a great lover of thin models, I’m a photographer for god sake they pay me the money and they get places, brilliant. They look great in magazines, wear clothes well etc. However, I’d much rather photograph a woman with curves even a size ten woman with curves. Clothes hang better, good photos are easier to achieve and I don’t feel I’m photographing a freakishly tall ten year old boy.

I need to lose weight, most of the western population does. However, there is a point where it gets silly. My ideal weight is 160lbs, that will put me at 11stone 4 pounds. I reckon that’ll make me a size twelve. Fuck you all who don’t think that woman is beautiful. Well done to glamour we should start seeing more of a mix of skinny models and curvy ladies. Neither should be exclusives!

Jet out.

[Via http://feelingstylish.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment