Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Week 4

So week 4 ended on Sunday. I weigh 149.5 still. It seems my weight has just been sitting there … which is extremely strange. I use the FitDay site to track my calories and I’m definitely at an average of 1400 and I live an active life style, so I’m surprised my weight has decided to stagnate.

On the other side of this, I’m getting those lovely comments of, “Wow, you look thinner CJ, have you lost weight?” and “How much have you lost!?” So I know I’m actually losing weight. Not just from the comments, but from how my clothes are fitting. I finally got to wear a dress I ways always terrified to wear because of my “love handles” and though you could see them a bit, they weren’t NEARLY as noticeable as before. So I’ve definitely lost fat.

So my assumption is that I’m putting on some muscle, which would make sense. I do weight training everytime I work out on my arms, legs, inner & outer thighs, abs. Then I do 25 minutes on the Elliptical and run for 7 minutes on the treadmill and then do a cooldown. Although, Friday, I actually ran for 12 minutes and then walked for 10. I enjoy running on the treadmill way more than using the elliptical. I’m going to start doing 20 minutes on the Elliptical and then 10 minutes running on the treadmill. Eventually my goal is to do 20 minutes on treadmill and 10 minutes on Elliptical + cooldown. I just don’t have it in my legs to run for 20 minutes quite yet. I think I could, but I don’t want to deal with super tired legs all day.So I’ll just keep pushing a bit past the tired point each time I run.

On Saturday I did not work out. I was a little disappointed in myself, but I never go out and I went out on Friday night … so my stomach couldn’t handle working out on Saturday. On Sunday I didn’t go to the gym, but I did work out 30 minutes on my Gazelle at home. Which doesn’t really feel like a good workout, but I think it’ll suffice.

So, I’m really not going to work with weight goals anymore because I just feel like I’ll never progress. I mean, my ultimate goal IS 125-130, but I think I’m only going to weigh myself at the end of the week and ignore it any other time. So, here is to hoping things continue to get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment