Friday, April 10, 2009

Getting Back on Track

Well, it’s been several months since I began my year of changes and my weight loss journey. I’m sad to say that I have slipped off the wagon and from the looks of my blog, I have not been the active blogger I had hoped I would be. To get my butt back in gear on blogging, I have joined ProBlogger’s 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Project that just started on Monday, so I now have homework everyday for 31 days!

To get back on track with my weight loss goal, I will be taking the following steps:

  1. Home cardio machine - After several months of research and finally looking at some local stores, we have finally purchased our home cardio machine…an elliptical trainer! A local store had the Schwin 460 Elliptical which was a bit intimidating. Once I saw all the cool features, I knew this was the right cardio machine for us. Amazon.com had a great deal on this item. I got a 2 year extended warranty, free shipping and no tax, all for about $40 less than the sticker price at our local store! The elliptical was delivered last Friday and is currently sitting in the garage since the delivery guy didn’t want to try and get it up a few stairs into my house. So that’s something that will be assembled soon to get me back on track.
  2. Other Exercise Options - In hopes to not get burned out on exercising, I will also get back to my daily Wii Fit Body Test. I recently purchased the My Fitness Coach for the Wii and completed my profile, which was quiet a task. I have done a couple of workouts and so far I’m enjoying it.
  3. Diet/Change of Lifestyle Plan - I need to do some research on various diets and would like to find one where there are no forbidden foods and that is more like a lifestyle change instead of diet. Weight Watchers is along these lines and it seems like the Zone Diet might be another option. I hope to have this decided in the next few days…a week at most.
  4. Meal Planning - I have purchased a great recipe management program called MacGourmet that makes it real easy to create a meal plan from a library of recipes and then creates a shopping list. An iPhone app is also available to compliment this desktop application by letting you sync to your computer. This allows you to have your meal plan and shopping list at the palm of your hand. Now, I just need to find some time to get some more healthy recipes added

Are you also trying to lose weight? If so, what steps are you taking to stay on track?  If you have been successful at losing weight, please feel free to share your ideas. I can use all the help and encouragement I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment