Sunday, April 5, 2009

LARPing and Physical Fitness--An Advantage

I am probably going to direct this blog more as a question or opening point to some of our other bloggers, but I wanted to make a brief note about physical fitness and LARPing.

Back in high school, physical fitness was mandatory. So I went. I hated gym class, but I went because I had to.

In college, I only had to take two gym classes over four years. However, I was always on the go, walking across campus to get to classes and toting lots of books as well as my guitar.

After college, I noted that I was gaining weight, but I didn’t want to give up my leisure time to work out, which seemed like a chore. Since I had a full time job, I had to choose between entertainment and my health, or so it seemed.

Then I found LARP. LARP was fun, and fulfilled my full-weekend need for entertainment. I noticed soon after LARPing that I had actually lost fat and gained muscle over my LARP weekends–it’s a great way to stay fit! I look forward to LARPing more since I could definitely stand to drop some weight that I gained mostly due to an injury and partially due to my relationship with two handsome men named Ben and Jerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment