Thursday, April 9, 2009

How It Feels to Lose 15 Pounds

If you haven’t yet noticed, I decided to take some more Weight Loss Photos last night, and post them in their respective section of this blog. Honestly, I didn’t see much of a difference in the way I looked after my first 15 lb loss on Medifast. I mean, my clothes felt like they fit a bit better, and I didn’t feel heavy and bloated like when I eat “bad” food, but that’s about it.  That is, until I took a closer look at the photos. Now weighing in at about 225 (as of this Monday), I noticed my stomach looked smaller, and I even took a picture of my face (for my own purposes), from the front and side views, and am noticing that my other chin is already dissapearing, from both views! This just may be the beginning of a new jawline! I haven’t seen that thing in a few years!

Holy Crap, I’m REALLY Shrinking!

If you read a few posts back, you’ll see that yesterday was a pretty tough day for me. Other people on Medifast have told me that they have their bad days, as well as their good days. Most seem to have more good days than bad days. Today went much better. I tossed in a few more carbs into last night’s Lean and Green meal, and felt much more in control of my cravings and hunger today. The Medifast Rage subsided, and all was peaceful in the household today. Also… no headache! Praise the Lord! WOOHOO!

The emotional aspect of losing 15 lbs is probably much greater than what the eye can see. I’ve really dealt with a lot of issues that I had for eating what I was eating. My eating habits were careless, and I often ate to treat myself, to cure stress,  or simply ate the wrong things because I didn’t have anything else to do, or anywhere else to go. Eating out seemed to be the only thing my husband and I ever did together, and I didn’t want to ruin it.  We’re still working on trying to come up with other activities that we can do together, but have since filled this void with a lot of nothing. I will say that at the end of the month, we were surprised at how much money we had saved by not eating out, or having Starbucks like everyday.

Being On Medifast Has Saved us a LOT of money!

Food as long been thought of as a social thing, and I am determined to take that aspect away from food. At least for now. I’m determined to find new things to do to fill the time or “experience” that food used to provide.  Losing 15 lbs on a diet as strict, but simple, as Medifast has also taught me that I need to really focus on MYSELF first. Being self-employed, I focused on a million other things, and I always came last. I feel like for the first time in a LONG time, I am getting back to who I used to be. I’m caring more about how I look, wearing cuter clothes, and even more open-minded to new things. That’s who I used to be, and I am gladly welcoming myself back.

No comments:

Post a Comment