Monday, April 20, 2009

Obesity stops at home!

I’m working on marketing my cookbook, geared to having healthier meals for families.  I’ve made that abundantly obvious, right?  Well, I’ve also started to do some testing a research to see what kind of recipes for KIDS are out there.  My next cookbook will be for kids and how they can make healthy food, as well.

I was really scared by what I saw.  Emeril, Rachel Ray and a bunch of other celebrity cooks have books and recipes for kids out there.  You know what the recipes have in them?  Sugar, candy, butter, white bread….can you believe it?  I was astounded!  It’s no WONDER 2/3 of the nation’s kids are obese!

I mean, I  like the occasional piece of chocolate just like the next person, but kids, expecially between the ages of 5 and 14, don’t pay attention to what they eat and the only people who can set examples are parents.  When they buy cookbooks for kids that have these kinds of recipes in them, we’re promoting poor eating habits, sugar addiction and the potential for diabetes, heart disease and Metabolic X syndrome.

I’m excited about putting out this next cookbook.  It might take a while, as I have to find kids to test it on, but if I can make recipes that are healthy, fun, easy and tasty hopefully more parents will appreciate the importance of starting their kids on healthy eating habits at a young age.

Talk to you later.

Rona

No comments:

Post a Comment