Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tyra And Her "New" Look

 

So Tyra Banks is showing her new figure, size 8, and I’m kind of thrown off by it all. I remember the pictures of her in that body suit two years ago and I remember her rocking the body suite on her show to show that she wasn’t “big’. To be fair she was big by Hollywood standards, and I thought it was cool she went out and spoke to the media on her show where real people were watching. Even this year she did the whole “real” vibe with no weaves and makeup and shit. So what I thought when that moment popped off about her weight was she has met her calling in this talk show world. I felt her standing up against those pictures were great for putting the power of image of females in the female’s hand. Tyra, really had a gang of bigger girls really feeling her and those smaller females also understood what was up with what she, Tyra, was saying and doing. There was a “be confident in who you are” thing going on, and she seemed to be embodying the realness of it. Now this whole “new” figure thing kills all the shit she worked up to. I say that because it’s going to be real hard to give those “be proud of who you are” speeches when she has lost weight and gotten a nice piece of publicity from it. There was small support for her when she rocked the body suite on her show from the media. So I guess a celebrity is still a celebrity, and your image in the press trumps the fan’s view of you any day.

BTW, I love how her before and after pics have one major difference… Her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment