Friday, October 2, 2009

Important tool for weight loss

If you have spent anytime with me since my weight loss surgery, you heard me talk about my “tool belt”.  Throughout my adult life, I felt that a wall existed between me and being healthy. I found climbing the wall or completely tearing it down was too difficult (a subject for another time). However, I could knock out some bricks and build a door. My belt needed to hold every tool I would need to make that opening. Some of my tools have been education, weight loss surgery, a supportive husband, counseling, yoga, and a strong support system. One of the most important tools has been self-acceptance. 

I have attached a link to an article on ABOUT’s Calorie Count Website titled “Accepting Yourself” by Diane Petrella, MSW, CPCC. Explaining self-acceptance can be very difficult but I think Ms. Petrella does an excellent job in this article.

http://caloriecount.about.com/accepting-yourself-b346212?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_20091001&utm_term=continue1

No comments:

Post a Comment