Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Governor of Minnesota, Tim Pawlenty Awards Michael Gonzalez-Wallace for his Fitness Program

Everything is possible, especially in Minnesota!

What a surprise! I still remember when I was a little kid and would spend long summers with my mom in Minnesota, maybe i was 3 or 4 years old when my mom will take me to Stillwater, Minnesota. Beautiful landscapes, great people, impressive history of pioneers with nothing and settling in middle of nowhere.

30 years later I received a call from the Office of  The Governor of Minnesota, Tim Pawlenty. They read my articles in Oprah Magazine and they somehow found out that my mom was originally from St Paul, Minnesota. So they called me up and decided that they wanted to give me an Award for Fitness Excellence. I was completely speechless, unable to react, I just asked them: Are you sure? Do you know that I live in NYC? They laughed  scheduled me for an official ceremony.

The Official press release said:

The Governor of Minnesota, Tim Pawlenty awards fitness trainer Michael Gonzalez-Wallace for his exercise program “Super Body, Super Brain”. Michael Gonzalez-Wallace has developed an innovative exercise program that is presented to a vast audience of viewers and readers throughout USA.

Michael Gonzalez-Wallace has been featured in different media sources such as O (Oprah magazine), ABC,Fox news, Chicago Tribune,CNN Headline news, Prevention or Fitness magazine

Then since I was coming to Minnesota to visit my Uncle Roger, the Mayor of St Paul decided to give me another award!!….wow If I had known it i would have called my mom to come with me i sad to the Mayor



And that was not all! The editor in chief of Latino Midwest News decided to feature me in their cover

So that was my return to my origins, where my ancestors moved, settled and grew corn to survive. I don’t know if there are coincidences but for sure my trip to Minnesota made me think that What if everything was meant to be?

Michael Gonzalez-Wallace

Author Upcoming Book “Super Body, Super Brain”

www.superbodysuperbrain.com



No comments:

Post a Comment