Friday, October 2, 2009

primal musings

I’ve been following quite an interesting discussion over at Mark’s Daily Apple over the last couple of days. It all began with a post about The Biggest Loser. The general consensus is that the public is really the biggest loser because the show gives unrealistic expectations along with a program that is absolutely impossible to maintain. From personal experience, I have watched for years, hoping that I would get “motivated” to get off my butt and do something about my growing weight problems…(pun intended). I have, like most of America, sat and watched the show while stuffing my face with Mickey D’s, candy, ice cream, brownies, cheetos, and a whole host of other toxic foods.

Someone suggested a primal version TBL, that follows people for much longer, and shows what a sustainable program would look like. Mark actually pitched this idea to Mark Burnett (producer of Survivor and a whole host of other reality shows). His answer was that if the show isn’t salacious, it won’t sell. The idea of a You Tube version then started surfacing. I’ve decided to take the challenge.

I’m going to start a You Tube series that follows my progress as I follow the Primal Blueprint. It’s scary to put myself out there like this because it’s out there for all the world to see. What if I fail and fall back into old habits? EEEEKKK! But, I’ve talked about it for far too long. If this gives me the accountability that I need to make and keep the lifestyle changes that I need to make, then, maybe this is what I need to do after all. So here I go again…my mouth (or fingers in this case) writing checks that hopefully my butt can cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment