Friday, October 30, 2009

Countdown to Christmas Challenge - Week 2

 Week two is going well, although I do feel like I’m losing steam. Not with the challenge – I’m still really gung-ho about that.   but with the workouts and the food. 

I’ve only worked out with Jimmy once this week, although I have done a Wii workout at home twice.  This is a lot less than my weekly activity.  Tomorrow I am participating in the breast cancer 5K, so I’m hoping that puts me back into the workout groove. 

As far as food, I’m eating pretty well, but I’m certainly not tracking diligently.  I’ve also indulged in a bit of snack-size Halloween candy today (I brought it in for my students at school).  Not a lot, maybe 3 pieces of M&Ms. But still, I really should be more fastidious. 

I think I have just been getting a little burned out with all of  it.  My days have felt really chaotic and hectic – like there’s not enough time to get everything done.  Three personal training sessions a week is too much, I think. I’m feeling overloaded.  Not to mention the fact that I’m “spending” them too quickly.  Plus, if all it does is get me to feeling like I need to “call in sick” and avoid a couple of sessions in a row, than it’s defeating the purpose.  I’m going to talk to Jimmy next week about cutting back to our normal 2 sessions a week.  That was nice and felt like I could keep up with it. 

As far as the food, I’m going to get right back on track.  I really haven’t been eating poorly, but as I said, I haven’t been very deliberate about making sure to count all my points.  Whenever I do that I know I eat more than I should, even without knowing it.  So, no more of that. 

Week 2 Stats: -1.4 pounds, 13.6 to go.  8 weeks left, which means 1.7 pounds a week – I can do this!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment