Monday, October 26, 2009

Ready...Set....Analyze

I am gearing up to shed the extra pounds. 1 cup of coffee in the morning then no more for the day. If I must have a caffeine drink it will be tea. With the increased water intake that will encourage my metabolism to hold less fluid. I found that my basal metabolic rate needs about 2460 calories to keep the engine running. I used the calculators at www.fitwatch.com . I looked at the daily calorie needs and I need about 2950 with my current lifestyle. My diet is bad. 600 calories a day in sweet, light coffee. 1000 in rice. Then another 2000 from whatever my wife cooks. So 3600 calories in and 2950 used is a net gain in weight. Not what I want for sure. In the last week I have been drifting towards the upper end of my 10 lb range. So action is a must. I am tracking my intake closely using a copy of fitday that a friend gave me. This is making me aware of everything that goes in. Which in turn makes me limit it. All for now. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment