Monday, January 11, 2010

Loosing Weight at Taco Bell

When you think of healthy what do you think of?  Fruits? Vegetable? Taco Bell?  Yes, that was not a misprint, Taco Bell.  I saw this commercial on TV about a lady who ate at Taco Bell and lost weight, so I thought I would share it with you all.

Christine Dougherty ate at Taco Bell five to eight times a week and lost 54 pounds!  She was not eating gordita’s, chalupa’s, or burrito’s, she was eating from the “Fresco menu”.   This menu has seven taco’s, which range from 150 to 340 calories.

Christine would order from the “Fresco menu” instead of the other fast food choices.  She lost around two pounds a month for two years.  She cut 500 calories from her diet and took in around 1,250 a day.

We  have all seen different restaurants giving a healthier alternative such as Subway and even McDonald’s, but Taco Bell really surprised me.  Taco Bell is not giving a solution to weight loss or a miracle diet, they are just giving a healthier alternative.  I thought this story was really awesome because she stuck with the diet for two years.  The weight loss was not overnight, it took two years!   I think that Taco Bell made a good decision by making the “Fresco menu”, now people can still enjoy Taco Bell, but a more healthier style.

If you want to read the full story go to http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/01/05/taco.bell.diet/index.html

I have not tried any items off of the “Fresco menu”, I am curious to know how they taste, so feel free to let me know!

About Me: I’m one of the Healthcare Career Agents over at Clear Medical Agency and am also the editor of the Clear Nursing Matters blog.  I work with a lot of great nursing professionals, and find that many interesting topics come up.  This blog will be one way to share my experiences and funny stuff that comes up.  Feel free to email me at Steve@ClearMedicalSolutions.com and don’t forget to subscribe to the blog.  It will make it easier to stay in touch

[Via http://clearnursingmatters.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment