Monday, January 25, 2010

How far would you go?

So in my last entry I mentioned that my family has made comments about me being “addicted” to losing weight, but regardless of what anyone says, I’m not willing to do anything that will compromise my health. I make sure I eat healthy, drink lots of water, and exercise to get the calorie deficit going, but others aren’t willing to do that.  In my attempt to gain more of a “community” feel in the last stretch of my weight loss journey, I’ve joined some communities (Blogger, Tumblr, and Daily Burn to name a few) and the other day I came across something very disturbing. I was wandering through one of these communities and I found another person who seems to be interested in losing weight, but then I saw what she was willing to go through.  One of the sentences in the tagline was “borderline ED” and I didn’t realize how close to the truth that was.  This poor girl consumes very few calories every day, and seeing this made me reassess my situation and goals.  My ultimate goal is to be as healthy as possible.  Yes I want to be thin and look good, but I want to achieve that goal without sacrificing anything. I guess there’s really no point to this little journal entry other than to get my thoughts out there.  If my little sister, or anyone dear to me, wanted to lose weight through these extreme goals I’d panic and be very concerned over their health.  It disgusts and worries me that so many people think this is the only way to achieve their goals, there are better solutions out there!

[Via http://tlsfitjournal.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment