Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Fat Little Engine That Could (if he really wants to)

If you have been reading my posts lately you know about my post holiday freak out over weight gain. Have I lost it? Am I on the road to bigness? Will I ever fit into anything other than cargo pants? You know, the typical fat person’s lament when they haven’t been totally dealing with their laziness and eating issues in any constructive way.

Maybe I’m being a little glib about the severity of the issues but they are mine so I can be glib if I wanna.

Happily, after forcing myself to get into the pool and on to the Pilates reformer (not at the same time of course) I was thrilled to see a 3.5 pound drop in one week. YAY! That’s a dent in the damage.

At least that gave me a little boost to believe I haven’t lost it and exercise can still play a huge role in helping me get my weight where I want it. Diet plays a huge role too, but frankly I was a little lax in that area and I still eaked out a loss.

What I have to do is NOT “celebrate” when that happens. LOL.

Oh I lost some weight this week, these beers and chips won’t be too bad now.

Oy vey.

I also happened to receive my Bodybugg this week. I got it the day I weighed in.

The gizmo still sits in its shipping box. I bought it during my panic of I NEED SOMETHING TO HELP ME and after discovering I can still (somewhat) rely on myself  the Bodybugg has lost some of its allure.

We’ll see. With the 3 day weekend approaching I may just give in and see what all the fuss is about.

If I do you’ll be the first to know.

In the meantime I gotta get in that pool this afternoon if my recommitment is to continue on track. I am mentally ready. I just hope the old ladies and kids are gone by the time I get there. There is no way to swim laps in a crowded pool.

[Via http://thefatofnow.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment