Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I love him and I fugged it all up..

FIRST A RANT:

I swear that girl named Karma she is a batch! The ex and I have hung out with him everyday since Saturday. So you might be asking, “why are you sad?” Well it feels kind of weird picking up where we kind of left off with no TITLES.. I’m a title kind of girl.. I’m a serial monogamist…it just doesn’t FEEL right but yet it does. I’m happier when I’m around him, we laugh, we joke its just EASY..

Anyway, enough of my Carl Thomas ..Emotional self.. and back to telling you about my workouts.

__________________________________________

My workouts have been great! I’ve been getting in a good 60 minutes or more in the gym since Friday. I skipped Monday. I’ve been maintaining my calories and drinking all my water.

I’ve been at a calorie deficit the last few days as I only try to eat 1,200 calories a day which doesn’t always happen and I sometimes like yesterday end up at 900 calories and then work off around 700-800 in the gym. I’ve been trying to research around the effects of doing this. I’m not trying to lose any muscle just FAT. So I will see what the results come out to be on Saturday when I weigh-in. The weigh-in is not only for weight but bmi, water retention, fat on my limbs.. really all inclusive. It also tells me how much weight I am in muscle.

Today I ate:

Breakfast: Strawberry, Banana Smoothie: 448 cals

Snack: Apple: 70 cals

Lunch: Spicy Italian Sub 6 inch  ( I didn’t pack my lunch today because I was supposed to have a work meeting) : 550

Dinner: Havent had dinner yet but most likely I will eat the leftover pasta I made which is 329 calories a serving; I have included the recipe below:

Farfalle with Sausage, Cannellini Beans, and Kale

Use a vegetable peeler to shave fresh Parmesan cheese on top of this rustic pasta dish.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups pasta mixture and 2 teaspoons cheese)

Ingredients
  • 8  ounces  uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
  • 1/4  cup  oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1 1/2  cups  chopped onion
  • 8  ounces  hot turkey Italian sausage
  • 6  garlic cloves, minced
  • 1  teaspoon  dried Italian seasoning
  • 1/4  teaspoon  crushed red pepper
  • 1  (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
  • 1  (16-ounce) package fresh kale
  • 1  (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1  ounce  shaved fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup)
Preparation

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid; keep warm.

Drain tomatoes in a small sieve over a bowl, reserving 2 teaspoons oil; slice tomatoes. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sliced tomatoes, reserved 2 teaspoons tomato oil, onion, and sausage to pan; cook 10 minutes or until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute. Add seasoning, pepper, and broth to pan. Stir in kale; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until kale is tender. Stir in pasta, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, and beans.

Nutritional Information Calories: 329 (25% from fat) Fat: 9g (sat 2.2g,mono 3g,poly 2.3g) Protein: 18.7g Carbohydrate: 45.7g Fiber: 5g Cholesterol: 26mg Iron: 4mg Sodium: 669mg Calcium: 204mg

[Via http://blackfemmefatale.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment