Friday, February 26, 2010

Weekday Booze Made Me Want To Hit Snooze

This morning I am really feeling tired for some reason.  I slept for over 7 hours and I’m exhausted.  It’s tough to imagine going to the gym right now and having a great workout, but I’m going to put one foot in front of the other and I will get through it.  It’s funny because I used to get up at 3:45 every morning and now that I’m “sleeping in” until 5, I’m still getting pretty damn tired early.  I guess my body quickly adjusted.  It’s strange though because I woke up before my alarm even went off, but when I stood up out of bed… WHOA, I felt like I was going to fall on the floor and go back to sleep.

Before I cared as much about my health, I was drinking fairly regularly.  I don’t think anyone would classify me as an alcoholic, but I would have a drink or two at night and then I’d be tired the next morning and I’d really want to reach for the snooze button, but I had something to blame it on.  I’ve been very good lately about only drinking alcohol on the weekends, and I would like to eventually eliminate Sunday nights also… maybe this week.  The main reason that I’ve recently given up weekday booze is because of the calories.  It’s pretty shocking how fast you can rack up the calories with a few drinks.  They like to break it down in 2 oz at a time, or in 1.5 oz jiggers but my drinks are a little closer to 3 oz.  3 oz of Vodka is 218 calories.  So 2 drinks = 436 cals.  That’s quite a bit of calories at the end of the day.  When I’ve just had a nice healthy 600-700 calorie dinner and then an hour or two before bedtime I pack in another 436 in a couple drinks.  That was impeding my progress, so I decided to stop doing it and I think it’s really paying off.

So this morning, it’s Friday and I’m feeling quite accomplished for the week.  I did everything I planned on doing.  I ate great, I worked out hard and I didn’t have a single sip of booze.  Now it’s time to head off to the gym with the early bird crowd and step on the scale.  I’m going to keep my expectations low after losing 3 pounds last week.  Even though I feel like I’ve done everything right, I still remember that muscle weighs more than fat.  And as good as I’ve been doing, I don’t believe there’s anyway I added more fat mass, but I do believe I’ve added more muscle mass.  So…… we shall see.

[Via http://losewithfriends.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment