Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Well Crap

Hello?

I think everyone who read my blog ran away :( Probably because I don’t really post anymore…

Well I finished my final project for the 4/5th grade endorsement to add to my license. Done. Fine. I passed. Now I need to figure out if I care enough to take the Praxis, or if I’m going to wait it out.

I put in my cover letter to be considered for the Superintendent’s Stipend Opportunity. If you can prove that your students have made growth for the last two years, then you can throw your name in the ring to be considered for a $4,000 stipend. The catch is that you have to also agree to be “placed at the superintendent’s discretion.” That means you’ll be placed in a “high needs” school. This is the first year for the program and there wasn’t a lot of information. Unfortunately, my school will probably be closing at the end of this school year so I was going to have to change schools anyways. Why not take the opportunity to be placed where I’m really needed and make and extra $4k? Also, I think I’m going to apply for the Leadership Intern (principal) program with the district. Since only 37 teachers applied for the stipend opportunity, it will look great on my resume and put my name in a positive light in the superintendent’s mind. Win win I say. Of course I say that now….ask me again next year :)

Overall things are going good. I’m down below my goal weight. I’m running at least 10 miles per week. Last weekend Noah tricked me into running 6.5 miles instead of 4 so…while it sucked, at least I know that I am capable of running it. 6 miles was my ultimate, not running any further than this goal and I guess I already achieved that…Noah and I are considering doing a couple duathleons next summer. Maybe a bit of traveling involved. My cousins live in Amsterdam right now and they offered for us to stay in their apartment this summer rent free while they are back in the states. So we’re trying to figure out how to get the money together to do that. Talk about a once in a lifetime experience!

And….I love the holidays, I love candy, I love decorations. Things are good. How are you y’all? If y’all are even still out there….

[Via http://karijo09.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment