Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 84

Last work out was tonight.  Everyone was in high spirits and full of laughter and jokes.  It was fun and the time went by very fast.  A couple weeks ago I was thinking that twelve weeks was a long time.  Tonight I was thinking it went by very fast and I was sad that it was over.

The goal of this whole project was to save lives including my own.  By helping folks see that what they eat, how they move and how they think effects their lives.  I had commented a month ago that A was told by his doctor that if he continues on this path that he should be able to get off some of his medications.  He informed us tonight that he is off his diabetes medication.  It brought tears to my eyes.  Goal accomplished.  At times the whole project was tiresome for myself, Mike and Jared.  Tonight at dinner we all agreed that with the news of A reducing his medication it was all worth it. Next month A is hoping to be off the blood pressure medication.

Tomorrow is the final weigh in and awards.  It will be a bitter-sweet night.

Till tomorrow – here’s to saved lives.

Doc

[Via http://biggestloserinnatestyle.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment