Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Getting started - Day 1

I joined Slimming World last night…something had to be done, life is getting desperate and I despair on a daily basis. From moving home running up and down stairs, I lost weight, but automatically gained it back once that level of activity was done.  With bung knees and wrists even walking far was a challenge..Im only 37 yet feel so bloody old.

The final straw came when after painting for a week, I couldn’t breathe through the night. Now while this is due more to still breathing in paint fumes, my weight doesn’t help and I’m done feeling like I’m the fat failing friend.

So SW….day 1, small bunch of grapes, 2 Weetabix with 250mls of soya milk. I learned last night that the extra cheese I had been eating, along with the copious amounts of chocolate was really ‘putting me out there’ with my syns….and avocadoes unfortunately are counted as syns! damn, love avocadoes!

Something different, listen and learn. The women in the group are all uncomfortable, yet disrespectful of the new leader who didn’t have control of the group. I’m going to stick with it though, time to follow a program that actually has support…which is what I need! I know how to lose weight, but its the support that will make the difference to me.

[Via http://slimskate.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment