Friday, March 12, 2010

The first weigh in day without a loss.

Well it was bound to happen, and no doubt I made sure that it did by relying a bit too much on the comfort foods this past week.

I also went out to a buffet but did reasonably well – I was able to eat some seafood and that was a good thing, but most of what I ate were veggies so I felt very proud of myself.

The only thing was how easy it would have been to go back, by the knee jerk reaction I had to some of the foods I used to eat. It went kind of like, “Ooooh! Bourbon chicken! Wait… I can’t eat that.”

So I was good and still following my guidelines (What Would Hal Eat), and even got out for the Art Walk we have here in our town every month for bit of exercise. I also treated myself to that rare sweet treat from the local bakery downtown.

I’m fairly certain those two things did not affect my weigh in as much as my overdosing on comfort foods all this week.

And the bottle of champagne I had on Oscar night.

I refuse to beat myself up about it, though. I can only learn from it and try to find out why I would go so headlong off the program and ensure my failure.

So far, I’m not really sure what motivated this backward step. No doubt it’s emotional, keeping myself guarded and pushing people away.

The immediate and consistent success probably triggered those feelings in a big way – although it didn’t feel that way consciously at the time.

But….

I can’t change what was, only what will be.

It’s a new dawn. It’s a new day. It’s a new life.

And I’m feeling good.

(cue Adam Lambert…)

[Via http://gingervoight.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment