Monday, March 15, 2010

The Cheek Swab

The insides of my cheeks feel funny. Yep, I got my test.

My personal genetic test I got it in the mail last week, but the Scientist, who apparently knows the ins and outs of medical labs, suggested I wait until Monday to take it.

So take it I did!

I opened the tri-fold folder, filled out the consent form and signed away all responsibility and repercussions should anything go awry, filled out my contact sheet and proceeded to swab my cheeks. Two Swabby Sticks and a Biohazard

The swabby sticks looked a bit like mascara wands. I rinsed my mouth out with water and scratched my left cheek 20 times, then took the second mascara wand and scratched my right cheek 20 times. Then I let them both dry for 15 minutes. Once they were dry, I put them both into the biohazad envelope and sealed it up.

Now I just have to mail it off and wait. All in all, it was a simple process. They say seven to ten days for the results. Until then, we twiddle our thumbs.

[Via http://erinslick.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment