Sunday, July 5, 2009

Road Map To Success

Current blast officially started back on May 13. I have not started a cruise yet as my weights are still progressing nicely and overall I feel pretty good.

A1 – Upper Torso

  • Inc. Smith Machine Press (15-25r) RP
  • Hammer Delt Press (15-25r) RP
  • Reverse Grip Smith Bench Press (15-25r) RP
  • Lat Pulldown (15-25r) RP
  • T-Bar Row (6-8) SS / 10-12 SS

A2-Bi’s / Legs

  • Inc. DB Curl (20-30r) RP
  • Reverse Curl (10-20r) SS
  • Seated Calf Raise (DC recommended reps/but soon changing to R-P sets)
  • Romanian Deadlift (10-20r) SS
  • FreeMotion Squats (Still putting a few exercises in to figure out which feels best for my back) – (8-12r) SS
  • Goblet Squat – Widowmaker (I really like these and I only learned about them in mid-June. I may use them for the 8-12 set as well)

B1 – Upper Torso

  • Inc. Hammer Press (15-25r) RP
  • Military Press (15-25r) RP
  • Parallel Bar Dips (15-25r) RP
  • Chins (may take these out as I’m now finding it hard to progress in weight) (15-25r) RP
  • Rack Pulls (6-8) SS / (10-12) SS

B2 – Bi’s /Legs

  • Hammer Preacher Curl (15-25r) RP
  • Preacher Reverse Curl (10-20) SS
  • Sliding Calf Raise (DC style)
  • Single Leg Romanian Deadlift (10-20r) SS
  • Leg Press (8-12r) / Widowmaker

C1 – Upper Torso

  • Dante’s recommended Pec Dec rep scheme
  • One Arm DB Press (15-25r) RP
  • Seated Cable Overhead Extension (15-25r) RP
  • Hammer Iso-Row (15-25r) RP
  • Hammer Hi-Row (6-8r) SS / (10-12r) SS

C2 – Bi’s /Legs

  • Barbell Curl (20-30r) RP
  • Hammer Curl (10-20r) SS
  • Donkey Calf Raise (DC style)
  • Leg Curl (10-20r) SS
  • Hack Squat (8-12r) – I’ve been having a really hard time with these as my back feels like it’s the weak spot. Therefore I do my first SS here, and then I move on to…
  • DB Reverse Lunge – Widowmaker

No set morning cardio is done as I am a married father of 5, so I get it in whenever time allows. To get up in the morning before work is tapping into sleep time and I already have no idea what it is like to sleep a straight 8 unless I’m sick, which is usually what happens. However I park a good distance from my office, only take the stairs (on the 5th floor) multiple times a day, do a planned 15 minute walk at work, and bike ride at least 25 miles a week and play ball with the kids regularly. So the only time I’m really sitting on my butt is at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment