Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 2 Raw

So, I think I’ve eaten 100% raw for 2 days. I don’t know that I will stay 100% but the more I look around the more ideas I get. Also…my local supermarket has a full like of Lara Bars so I sampled the Apple Pie flavor and it was soooo good! Loved that there were practically no ingredients lol I’m used to everything in a package having a laundry list of weird ingredients!!

Today I made my first Green Smoothie. I somewhat feared the thing but it was soooo good!! If that was my first attempt then it can only get better! If you have a great smoothie recipe that can be made in a blender (i have no juicer or food processor) please share!!!

So, it was about 2 cups of spinach, 5 or 6 small local strawberries, 2 bananas. It was supposed to be 1 but i freaked out last minute because it looked thin and I added another banana. I look forward to making another one tomorrow – it was cool, yummy, inexpensive and filling!

To backtrack… here’s what I ate:

Breakfast

cantaloupe

Lunch

Green Smoothie

Dinner

1/2 mango

about 3/4 c crushed walnuts

Snacks throughout the day

cherries

green grapes

1/2 avocado

Lara Bar

Blackberries

Goal for tomorrow: Learn more about combining foods. Eat more protein. I am soaking 3 kinds of beans to make a bean/cucumber salad that I love and eat more veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment