Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 67

Became a day behind due to the passing of my father in law.  He does not live in Michigan anymore and hasn’t for about ten years.  We currently do not have a memorial service planned.  It is a sad passing because he has not lived much or well for those past ten years. I am going to bounce around with my thoughts and try to bring them all together in the end.

I went to Ortonville for the final laser surgery on my gums today, and upon completion they were more sore than last weeks.  I debated about going to work out with everyone, due to the fact that every time I would move they would throb.  I just couldn’t not go.  For two reasons, I am not a quitter when you join a team you stick with it till the end.  My knee, the gums all things that would love to quit because of but I can’t.  Slow down yes quit no.  Second reason, I want to live.  My father in law being a good example for this.  Ten or eleven years ago he was told he had an enlarged heart and that he better take it easy. He took that to literally mean don’t do anything, as in not to exert himself or his heart could explode and he would die. He had a temper the Dr.  actually was telling him to learn to control his temper and his blood pressure.  What would have done him a world of good was to get off the couch and begin to walk.  At that time he probably weighed close to 350 maybe more and was about 5′ 7″.  Not a tall man, but morbidly obese.  He was only 70 years old.  I don’t want to leave this earth because of poor health, not when there are things that I can do to change that.

Till tomorrow – choose to live.

Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment