Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 58

Not much to report on my personal progress.  I was suppose to go swim tonight but I allowed a few things to get in the way.  One was physical and I decided I would rather rest, the other was work, but I had already decided not to go when we ended up being at the office past 6:15.  Either way I have been arriving home three nights a week at 7:30 or later since the start of this and I just wanted to go home.  So today was my day of rest, I think it may be a problem come Monday, but I hope not.  The reason it may be a problem is I have some dental surgery on Thursday and I don’t know how I will feel for Thursdays workout. I don’t need nor can I afford two days of rest.

The biggest loser on T.V. threw in a big twist tonight with a red line and a yellow line.  So two people went home tonight.  It made me cry to see Shay go home.  The red line created a lot of stress for the contestants.  On other episodes we have seen stress cause some to not lose any weight.  Tonight most everyone had great numbers even with the stress, they were able to overcome it physically but I think that they had to overcome a lot emotionally as well to succeed. It will be a great lead in to tomorrow’s class, because tomorrow is stress class. The class will also involve are responsibility to ourselves and our self talk.  Most of don’t realize that how we interpret our world is our choice not someone else and that we get to decide if we let things bother us.  I like to explain it as you accept what is truth for you and untruth, it is your movie you get to produce it.  Change the scenes, landscape, words, etc… The other thing that we will talk about is that the body is not able to differentiate between positive (a wedding, birth of a baby) and negative stress.  It responds to stress (change) the same for each circumstance.   I hope it will be informative.

Till tomorrow – here’s to change.

Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment