Monday, June 22, 2009

PreFathers Day Workout

I’m not going to lie, it probably was one of my toughest workouts.

At about 7:30 or so I believe I heard my phone alarm ringing….

then I either shut my phone off or simply ignored it. What ever it

was that I did I was completely knocked out and slept right through it.

Ha, I’ll admit, I slept right through what I had originally planned.

I actually didn’t even wake up until I heard my daughter calling my

name at about 8:45. I already knew I was going to play some flag football

later on, but I still wanted to make sure I got a good workout in before hand.

My plan was to take a quick protein shake with fruit, workout early

and then finish a bigger sized breakfast of eggs, loaded with veggies,

chicken, and a slice of wheat & gluten free bread.

Even though the plan was to workout early, I didn’t actually “DO” or take

the steps to make it happen. Slept through my alarm, turned if off whatever…

I wonder why I didn’t get up? Maybe it was much needed rest?

How come I didn’t wake up automatically?

After all when I REALLY want to do something I sure will pop right up….

I guess my bed was just too comfy.

There’s a couple of things that can be learned here:

Sometimes just sometimes even if you have good

intentions to workout, they may not always be good enough.

You may tell yourself that you’re going to workout, but are you

taking the necessary actions to do so?

Make a plan. Schedule it like an appointment. Write it down.

Set an reminder on your phone/calender.

That’s a good place to start.

Now, back to me and my missed workout, before you begin to grin

as if all hope was lost. I didn’t just pack it in.

I went and played football. It was scorching out. So I went

home to cool off a bit and hopped in the pool.

I can be creative when it comes to exercise and I don’t need much

equipment nor that much space. I can sneak total body workouts

anywhere, anytime even here at the house with a busy 21month yr old.

Later on in the day, I decided to do a Tabata Circuit for my core and an

amazing 20min cardio workout right at my place. All I did was grab my

ipod dock and mat and went to work right back in the heat. Not sure if

I’ll here some complaints from the HOA but who cares

(I can barely sneeze in this community without someone saying something).

You can follow this same format/sequence of exercises if you like.

I gave myself 12 minutes to keep my Rock Hard Abs nice and tight.

3 moves is all it took to jack my core up!

Extended Pillar (dynamic)

Side Piller with Body weight row and push up (both sides)

Extended Pillar

After that I hit this cardio program using a slightly graded hill. And allowed full recover

as I came back down. Once I reached the bottom it was time to go again.

Hill sprints

Broad Jumps

Bounding

Bear Crawls

Back Pedaling

Try the above circuit and workout and let me know you think.

For your FREE 2-Week Trial Membershio to Atlanta’s # 1 Fat Burning

Boot Camp please visit www.hotlantabodiesfitcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment