Monday, March 30, 2009

Falling Down. Getting Up. Never Giving Up.

It’s been a rough three weeks. Rough. One minute I’m humming along feeling great, feeling like everything great in the world is mine for the taking. I hit one speed bump, and all the wheels come off one by one. It’s crazy how that happens. How quickly the air in my sails is gone. It’s scary.

I have learned a lot, though, and I think that knowledge will keep me in good stead as I move forward. Because I *am* moving forward. I can’t afford to throw my hands up and give in. My health is at risk.

I learned that…

-I do not handle change or disruptions to my routine very well.

-I do not love myself enough to push through when things get hard, or even just to be still with myself.

-If I do not plan it all falls apart.

This was kind of tough to realize, but it’s my truth and it is what it is and now I figure out how to address these to make them strengths vs. weaknesses. To just *do* even if I don’t want to. To be active and present in my life. To use healthful eating and activity as my ROCK against any and all adversities. It can be done. I’ve seen it with other people. I have the potential within me to have the life I want.

This week I am going to…

-drink 64oz water daily

-track calories daily (between 1600-1800)

-train with trainer 2x week

-get in 3 cardio sessions

-make an appointment with the ortho for my knee

-update the blog every day to keep focus

No comments:

Post a Comment